MOODS

Monday, December 05, 2005

Yev-re-day

Every Monday morning I get up with a hangover.....Not because of a Sunday night party or late night TV , but for the simple reason that it is the 1st of the 5 continuous working days ...The very thought makes me feel sick.....What is even more irritating is the fact that my roomies can sleep that extra hour cuz their office is very near......I get up cursing (offlate in Chinese) those lucky sonuvabitches....

Usually I am the last person to reach office....The fact that am the only Indian in the whole goddamn factory sortof announces my arrival to almost everyone who sees me....Initially I was a bit conscious that I was going late,but then I figured out that no one gives a damn about it......

My clients have generously given me a notebook, which would have made any relic hunter proud....I guess it is one of the first laptops to roll out of IBM....This museum piece of electronics takes 20 mins to boot...yeah thats right..20 mins.....I go for my breakfast after switching it on and it is all ready to work upon when I return......

I usually have about 50 mails to read every morning....these mails can be broadly classified as crappy mails,stinkers,fwd and FYI's.......The tempo for the day is set by the number of stinkers in the mailbox.....Usually monday is good...but as the week progresses usually the stinkers and "meet me" mails from the IT Director increase......when this happens its just a matter of time before you are gang raped..........man, have to admit , these guys can fuck your brains out..... how much I feel offshore was better sometimes

The best thing about Chinese is that they do not mix work and personal relationship.....for example, inside a meeting the client might be the worst bitch you have ever seen, but once over and you are walking outside, he would speak to you in this very nice and polite way ,as if nothing happened....Initially it surprised me but then I figured that it was something which requires a very high level of professionalism....

By the time all this finishes its lunch time....I just love the lunch time in Taiwan.....People here take a short nap after lunch....The lights go down, the small pillows come out and almost all heads are on the table......Absolute silence.......So quiet that the sound from an unanticipated phart could cover 4 times the normal distance/people........I join them and sleep for 1/2 hr.....the best part of the day for me.........

I rise along with all the other chinks at about 1:00....sometimes I stretch it to 1:05 ...;)
1:00 to 3:00 is wat I call the "profound-thinking" phase...I try to recover from my 20 mins nap and make an effort to work..usually I dont succeed much and spend the 2 hrs like a zombie....Not awake and not asleep.....

At 3:00 Eric comes to my place and we got for cappuchino.....There is this small coffee shop near the factory just overlooking the highway....we have a good chat for 1/2 hr with a hot cup of coffee.......Watching the morning shift people leave and the young part time workers (cute chinki gals ) walking into the factory is a sight that Eric and I have never missed.....

The rest of the day just passesby and I return home by 8:00 in MRT....my roomies reach by 9:00...our home then turns into a mini "Muniyandi Vilas"....Junta here have been nice to name it "Saravana Bhavan"......food is cooked for 6 ppl and everybody has his share of crap to share over dinner....

Muniyandi Vilas closes by 12:00 ...... I go to my bedroom and the 2 gays (my roomies,Sara and mayana) walk into their honeymoon suite and lock themselves until dawn....dont ask me wat they do.....

moods

ps: Planning to reveal the 'gaymatter' in the future blogs ..;)

3 Comments:

  • Nice post. Got a full idea of A day in Moody's life!
    Humour is subtle, jus the way I think it should be.

    Too many dots....... hard to read!

    And if you start gay postings, I'll stop reading your blog!!!!

    By Blogger rwhat, at 4:21 AM  

  • hey machan
    Good postmortem ;)...
    shall not include any faggard stuff...
    my roomies have the URL and they are keeping a close watch ..so stricly hetrosexual stuff :))

    moods

    By Blogger Moody, at 12:52 AM  

  • Good picture how a life is on-site at Taiwan. Good job really! But this life doesnt sound too appealing, atleast the way YOU put it. So you better find out a way to come back :)

    By Blogger Ram'P, at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home